The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) is the worlds largest anti-fraud group, with over 75,000 members worldwide.
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is recognised globally as proof of excellence in fraud prevention, detection and investigation.
The ACFE Perth Chapter has been created to extend and enhance fraud awareness amongst like minded professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO WE ARE
What does the ACFE do ?
Provide support and training to professionals in the sector of fraud investigation and prevention.
Is the ACFE Perth Chapter a private or public Institution ?
The ACFE is an association of professional members but may be accessed by the general public for certain information.
How large is the ACFE Perth Chapter ?
The Perth Chapter has 80+ members currently and there are numerous chapters across Australia and around the world.
Does the ACFE have an international standing ?
Yes, the ACFE was first started in the United States but has branched out to a varied global network including the UK, Europe, China and more.
How can I become a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) ?
Join the ACFE via the its website as an associate, prepare for and complete the CFE exam and be recognised as a CFE. The course can be studied as a computer based self-study option, a 4-day course or using the Fraud Examiners Manual. Ongoing CPD can also be accessed via this website.
What happens at ACFE Perth Chapter Events ?
ACFE Perth events are organized by the Board on a variety of topics but all related to the profession in some manner. The Chapter endeavours to hold three events in a year with some networking at least once a year.
Founded in 1988, the ACFE is the world’s largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Together with more than 75,000 members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud world-wide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
- Provides bona fide qualifications for Certified Fraud Examiners through administration of the CFE Examination.
- Sets high standards for admission, including demonstrated competence through mandatory continuing professional education.
- Requires Certified Fraud Examiners to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct and ethics.
- Serves as the international representative for Certified Fraud Examiners to business, government and academic institutions.
- Provides leadership to inspire public confidence in the integrity, objectivity, and professionalism of Certified Fraud Examiners.